Specialists, from beginning to end
Talent + knowledge + control
In order to establish branding guidelines or defining a scalable design for a client, positioning must be clear, competition analyzed, and a specific strategy stated.
All of the above will result in an appropriate, unique and differentiating design for a particual client.
DESIGN / BRANDING / CONCEPT
If there is something strategical that requires thorough consideration, that would be changing the image of a pharmaceutical laboratory.
REBRANDING / RESTYLING
Brands need to be alive and life means motion.
When is the proper momento to redesign a brand, to change products image … in pharmaceuticl industry?
Direct competitors are moving ahead and staying behind is not an option.
M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions)
When these movements happen, brands must be homogenized, families of products separated, etc…
As stated above life means motion and brands need to keep up with the times, with image and design trends that link them to their own environment and market.
NEW TECHNICAL POSSIBILITIES
Improvements in printing techniques, digitalization… would either improve a brand image according to new possibilities or connect the physical and digital world.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS / REGULATORY
Sometimes changes in regulation (i.e. serialization) should be seen as an opportunity to improve a brand packaging image.
Lacía Health knows really well that, when it comes to design, there is an equivalence rule: simpler, cleaner, cleared, diffentiating… means higher complexity in creating a new brand and its expression in packaging.
Our experience in more than 200 brands from very competitive and global industries supporst us and is our best collateral. No two brands are similar, each brand, each company is a living being and requires maximun care and knowledge to evolve and grow within its own environment and market.
At the end of the day, branding is the tool for differentiation in the highly competitive pharmaceutical industry.
Creating a brand book is a KEY MOMENT IN THE FUTURE of a laboratory’s brand recognition and image.
A brand book (physical or digital) describes, in an easy, attractive and useful way, the brand visual identity and how it translates to the design of every product. A brand book must serve all stakeholders:
- Laboratory Marketing Department
- Graphical Designers who must apply and extend established guidelines according to certain criteria and rules.
- Printers and printing material manufacturers.
A brand book defines:
- Graphical styles
- Fonts and typography
- Color palette by medical condition, disease or specialty
- Maximum and mínimum sizes
- Color palette by ranges
- Printing spaces and percentages
- Pictograms, icons, etc…
Lacía Health has produced more than 30 brand books and our knowledge guarantees the future applications with special attention to packaging.
Once the strategic designed is defined, the concept must be adapted to all product families, subfamilies, formats, sizes… maintaining the guidelines for brand recognition and being easy to use and understand by all actor (patients, medical practitioners, pharmacists…)
From a concept or big idea, creativity must be extended to a different range of products. Although guidelines are established, creativity and design decisions are still necessary at different levels: according to established guidelines:
- Create a new category within the brand
- Define the parameters (colors, pictos, etc.) for new ranges/qualities/characteristics
- Extend / Decline established guidelines to the complete product tree within a category or family
ADAPTING TO DIFFERENT FORMATS / SIZES
Adapt an existing design to different formats, uses or sizes.
Carton, Tube, Spray, Box, Sachets, Doy-pack…
Include text in different languages taking into consideration different alphabets, word splits, etc.
Once design is defined for all products, it must be adapted to printing keylines, including real product measures.
Graphical elements, texts and all necessary components according to established guidelines or regulations must be included.
Files are adapted to selected printing process to guarantee that design is printed correctly.
ADAPTING FILES TO PRINTING PROCESS
FINAL ART ASSEMBLY
Adapting design to keyline / cutting line … PRE-PRINTING
GLOBAL ARTWORK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
An intuitive and easy-to-use solution that efficiently connects all steps in the packaging design, artwork and labelling lifecycle
- Automated workflows and approval protocols.
- Assign internal and external resources.
- Configurable notifications and out-of-office option.
- Visually track projects and tasks status.
- On-line file review and annotations from multiple users, concurrently or independently.
- Dynamic Document Comparison compatible with multiple languages, as well as various barcodes, fonts, and colors.
- Auditable trail of all historic annotations and approvals.
- Detection of differences between texts compatible with multiple languages.
Digital Asset Management
- Flexible and easy to use search of any file type.
- Export and share files with external teams.
- Full versión control and traceable audit of assest status.
- Visualization and analysis
- Indicators and trends for decision-making.